The Concrete Institute
The purpose and objectives of The Concrete Institute are to provide key services & functions to the construction industry and to promote and protect the good name of cement and concrete by:
- Providing education and training through the School of Concrete Technology to users and specifiers of concrete about the correct use of the material and its constituents.
- Providing free access to comprehensive technical information about concrete and cement through the Information Centre.
- Publishing technical books and leaflets in relevant and efficient formats.
- Providing advisory and consulting services to the Industry.
- Ensuring relevant national standards and specifications are revised regularly through involvement in technical committees and sub-committees of the South African Bureau of Standards.
- Acting as an independent body representative of the cement, concrete and broader construction industry to interact effectively with government and regulatory bodies.
- Country: South Africa