Civilution Congress 2016 is pleased to offer our participants additional value adds when attending the event. We have negotiated special rates and savings with our preferred air, car rental and accommodation partners:
661 Pendulum Road, Midrand
Mercure Guest House
187 3rd Rd, Midrand, Johannesburg
Premier Hotel Midrand
742 Old Pretoria Main Road ,Halfway House
14th Road, Midrand
How to book accommodation?
Complete the online form and email or fax it back to attention:
Parking and transportation information: Entrance into Gallagher Estate parking from Johnnic Boulevard.
The following Gautrain options are available to ensure convenient access to the venue.
Although there are nearly 6000 parking bays available in and around Gallagher Estate it is recommended that where possible visitors make use of the Gautrain. The closest station is Midrand Gautrain Station. Please see the link below with more information.
Alternatively, we have partnered with Uber to get all visitors to and from the event safely and in style!
Uber is offering Civilution Congress 2016 delegates discounted transfers.
Use the prome code and get R 200 off your first trip.
South African Airways is the official airline partner of Civilution Congress 2016 and is offering delegates great discounts on airfares. Winner of the “Best Airline in Africa” Award in the regional category for twelve consecutive years, we have no doubt you will enjoy your flight.
Please note that airfares are only applicable for travel 14 days prior and/or after the official event dates which are 9 - 11 May 2016.
Tempest Car Hire is offering Civilution Congress 2016 Delegates a discount on car rental. To make use of this special offer, log onto: http://wl.tempestcarhire.co.za/Specials/BookSpecial/hypenica-events-2016
- All delegates must have 2 adjacent blank pages in their passports, which must be valid for no less than 30 days after expiry of the intended visit.
- A yellow fever vaccination certificate is required if you are traveling from an African country.
- Visitors’ visas are required for international travellers who have permanent residence outside South Africa and who wish to visit the country on a temporary basis for tourism or business purposes for a period of 90 days or less.
- Note that requirements are subject to change.
For information and requirements please visit: http://www.dha.gov.za/index.php/immigration-services/apply-for-a-south-african-visa
About the venue
Gallagher Convention Centre
About the host city
Midrand - Situated in the heart of Gauteng, Midrand is between Johannesburg and Pretoria and is surrounded by many places of Culture, Wild Life and Entertainment. Midrand is South Africa’s most rapidly developing city and Africa’s fastest developing investment centre. From its humble beginning as a halfway point between Gauteng’s two major cities, it is now the dynamic centre of a metropolitan area, stretching from Centurion in the north, Sandton in the south, Kempton Park to the east and Kyalami to the west. It has grown into a major business hub, with over 5000 businesses currently registered in the Midrand area.
Uber booking instructions
Using Uber with an iPhone or Android app:
1. Go to uber.com/app to download the app.
2. To sign up for your Uber account follow the instructions and confirm your mobile number.
3. You will see a map and a green pin. Position the pin on the map where you would like to be picked up. Confirm if the address at the top of the screen is accurate.
4. Select the type of car you would like to request on the bottom of the screen
5. Press the black bar that reads "set pickup location".
6. If everything looks correct, press the request button at the bottom of the screen.
7. Uber will send a notification to confirm your ride and when your driver has arrived.
8. Enjoy the ride.
9. No need to pay with cash or tip your driver: Uber stores your credit card on file, so payments are automatic and hassle free.
If you no longer need your ride, “press 'Cancel'. Rides cancelled after 5 minutes, will involve a cancellation fee.
Using Uber with Other smartphone: (Blackberry)
1. Sign up online or visit m.uber.com on your phone.
2. When you’re ready to ride, log in and set your pick up location, then click “request pickup here”.
3. Enjoy your ride.
4. No need to pay with cash or tip your driver: Uber stores your credit card on file, so payments are automatic and hassle free.